Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2021 in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and nearby counties?
CANCELLED – PLEASE FOLLOW GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES TO STAY AT HOME DURING CORONAVIRUS
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Roves Farm is one of my favourite places to take my kids to see the lambs. The lambing season gets underway again in January with their main event will run 19th March to 5th April 2020. It’s one of my favourite times of year! The picture at the top was from our visit last year.
Come and see all their expectant ewes and the new born lambs keeping cosy in the lambing shed. Wrap up warm and take a seat. With a special viewing platform that looks out across the lambing shed, there will be plenty of opportunities to see lambing in action. Although not guaranteed there is a good chance you might even be able to see one being born! We did last year on our visit.
Best Lambing Days in Oxfordshire & Berkshire 2020
- Roves Farm – lambing season from 16th to 20th Jan with their main event running 19th March to 5th April 2020.
- Amners Farm (near Reading) – running on two weekends 2-3rd May 2020 and the May bank holiday weekend 8th-10th May. Not only will you be able to see lambs being born, but there are also a host of other exciting activities including pony rides, an area where you can hold chicks and lambs, miniature railway rides, tractor and trailer rides, craft stalls and much more.
- Earth Trust – there are two lambing weekends happening on 21st & 22nd March and then on 28th & 29th March 2020.
- Broughton Grounds Farm Lambing Afternoon, raising money for charity on the afternoon of Sat 11th April. There will also be an Easter egg trail for kids and entry is only £2. (Banbury)
- Millers Ark Animals – lambing open days for all ages run on the first weekend of Feb. As well as meeting the lambs, you can also hold chicks, cuddle baby goats and more.
- Warriner School Farm – open afternoons on 14th-15th March 2020
- Moreton Barn – dates tbc with money raised going to the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. (Thame)
- Sandy Lane Farm – Celebrate the signs of spring on a traditional working farm. This year their lambing event is being held on Sunday 29th March 2020.
- Hadsham Farm (near Banbury) – running Saturday 28th March until Sunday 19th April 2020. Hold a lamb/chick feed the lambs twice a day, indoor and outdoor play areas and other animals to look at. This year their sensory walk will be bigger and better.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm – The big lambing event at Green Dragon Eco Farm is their spring lambs with 2020 dates to be confirmed. It’s usually part of a special ‘Spring Babies’ Easter holiday event which includes piglets, goat kids, chicks and ducklings as well.
Near Oxfordshire & Berkshire
- Live Lambing at Cotswold Farm Park – running from 8th Feb and right through until 28th April 2020.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm – details tbc
- Odds Farm Park (Wooburn Common nr High Wycombe) – This February half term 30 ewes are expect to lamb and the very popular bottle feeding kid goats is back too.
To be confirmed for 2020
- Buckleberry Farm –
- Farmer Gows – often an event around Feb half term
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.