Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2022 in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and nearby counties?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Roves Farm is one of my favourite places to take my kids to see the lambs. The lambing season got underway again this year in January with their big lambing event coming up 19th March to 6th April. It’s one of my favourite times of year! The picture at the top was from one of our previous visits.
They are expecting 444 Suffolk cross lambs, including 48 sets of triplets & two sets of quads. Spend some time on the viewing walkway looking out over the lambing shed as the day’s action unfolds. You may be lucky enough to see a lamb or three being born!
Best Lambing Days in Oxfordshire & Berkshire 2022
- Roves Farm – spring lambing season from 19th March to 6th April plus all the usual fun on the farm with indoor play and outdoor activities for a full fun family day out.
- Farmer Gows – the lambs have started arriving and you can meet them Fri, Sat Sundays during March. (Longcot near Faringdon)
- Broughton Grounds Farm Lambing Afternoon will take place on Saturday 9th April and raises money for charity. £3 tickets must be booked in advance. (Banbury)
- Millers Ark Animals – open days running on select dates from Feb through to Father’s Day. (Hook near Basingstoke)
- Warriner School Farm – their fundraising 2022 lambing event open afternoon will take place on 12th & 13th March.
- Hadsham Farm (near Banbury) – the farm will be open from 2nd to 24th April 2022 In addition to the lambing, they will have an indoor and outdoor play area, sensory walk around the farm, craft corner and an area to ‘hold a chick’.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm – The big lambing event at Green Dragon Eco Farm runs this year from 9th to 22nd April 2022. It’s part of a special ‘Spring Babies’ Easter holiday event which bottle feeding the lambs, feed the chicks, arts & crafts and more.
- Buckleberry Farm – baby lambs to bottle feed in the spring tbc
- Live Lambing at Cotswold Farm Park – running from 14th Feb and usually then right through until end April 2022.
- Odds Farm Park – their lamb watch event is running over Feb half term from 19th -27th.
- Foxglove Farm – the lambing weekend takes places on 9th & 10th April with all proceeds going to charity. There will also be a nature walk, children’s activities and tractor rides. (Inkpen)
- High Lodge Farm – not a traditional lambing event but they have a great Easter trail running this year which finishes next to a huge field of ewes and their lambs.
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.
- Earth Trust – the annual lambing festival at the Earth Trust has been cancelled for 2022. However, while they’re unable to host a large scale event this year, they can offer visits for schools to Shepherd Emma’s flock If you think your school might be interested, find out more at on the Earth Trust website.
- Sandy Lane Farm – No lambing days in 2022
- Moreton Barn – dates tbc with money raised going to the Thames Valley Air Ambulance. (Thame)