According to the media today is officially known as Blue Monday. But not today, we are renaming it to YOU Monday!
Try and take an hour today that is just for YOU…even if it’s tonight after home-schooling is finished and the kids are in bed!
Here’s some more ideas to make you feel good on your YOU Monday.
- Do some exercise – maybe go for a walk, or a run or why not try an online virtual class there’s lots available for FREE! Exercise helps relieve stress and boosts your mood.
- Take a bath or shower, light some candles and have some pamper time – make yourself feel special as you deserve it!
- Pick up the phone to someone you haven’t spoken to for a while and have a chat a good old natter – talking to someone always makes you feel better.
- Nibble on healthy snacks – swap a chocolate bar for a piece of fruit or a heathy treat. Just think of all those vitamins you could be getting!
- Do something kind for someone today. Maybe say Hi to a stranger when you are on a walk, send flowers to someone or be a good listener to a friend who might need it.
- Smile. Smile at a stranger when you are on a walk or give extra smiles to your family. Did you know smiling boosts your immune system and reduces stress?
- Spend time looking out of the window and write down 5 wonderful things you can see.
- Dance around your kitchen and be silly! This one can be done with or without your kids! Stick on your favourite tunes that remind you of fun times and dance like no one is watching!
- Invest in some “you time” – take some time out to relax, read a magazine or book or do something you enjoy doing.
- Ask for help. Remember there are lots of places you can go to for help if you need it. Visit the NHS website. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/
Happy You Monday!